Why are Kegel balls useful for women? The Pubococcygeus muscle, also known as the PC muscle, is part of the pelvic floor.
It plays a key role in your body by supporting your reproductive organs. The PC muscle is also part of the physical processes that take place when you orgasm.
Much like other muscles in your body, your PC muscle needs strengthening to operate at peak performance. A common problem associated with a weak pelvic floor is incontinence. Kegel exercises target this tendon and help you improve your sexual health.
How Kegel Exercises Improve Sexual Health
You have probably done a kegel exercise before without even knowing it. If you’ve ever had to stop yourself from peeing when you had a full bladder or you needed to interrupt your stream, you made your PC muscle do the work for you.
You perform a similar clench as part of your kegel exercises. Because you’re the only one who knows what’s going on, it’s easy to do your routine throughout the day.
Here are the many sexual and health benefits that regular kegel exercises can deliver:
- Intensifying orgasms: A stronger pelvic floor makes a big difference when it comes to your orgasms’ intensity. Be prepared for stronger, longer lasting orgasms that leave you gasping in shock at their power.
- Vaginal tightening: Your vagina also sees an improvement in tightness due to the changes in the pelvic floor. You also want to keep in mind that you can use the kegel exercise clench during penetrative intercourse to give your partner a tightening sensation that gets plenty of attention.
- Reducing cramps: Menstrual cramps are never fun, but thankfully a stronger PC muscle can help reduce pain levels for some people.
- Improving urinary and bowel control: Incontinence is frustrating to deal with, and it’s hard to feel great when leaks happen. The PC muscle improvements can reduce accidents, so you don’t have to stress out about what happens the next time you laugh.
How to get started with Kegel Balls
You wouldn’t start bench pressing 200 pounds at your first time at the gym, so keep things gentle with your kegels too. Get nice and comfy and start out with 5 second clenches. Wait for 5 seconds between each one, and only do a few repetitions. Since you can do kegel exercises anytime without someone noticing, you can spread these out throughout the day.
If you feel sore at any time, stop and let your PC muscle rest. You don’t want to strain it, as that could lead to problems. Plus it’s uncomfortable at best and painful at worst! As long as you stay consistent, you’ll see the benefits. Kegel balls are a tool you can use as you get comfortable with Kegel Ball exercises.
What are Kegel Balls?
At first glance, most kegel balls look like dumbells. This description is pretty accurate to their role in kegel exercises. The balls are weighted and give your muscles something to press against. As you get stronger, you can use kegel balls that have different weights to continue seeing progressive improvements.
A typical kegel ball design has two balls that are connected together, with a pull handle or loop at the end. You use the balls by slowly inserting them into your vagina until it’s fully inside you. The balls should feel comfortable and tight against your vaginal walls. You perform the kegel squeeze with the balls inside, for the number of repetitions that you feel comfortable doing.
You can use lubrication for help with insertion. After you have the kegel balls in, get as comfortable as possible. The balls will stay inside, so you can even do errands or attend to work while you’re doing your exercises. Now that’s multi-tasking!
Since kegel balls come in many sizes, weights and designs, you may run into problems with your first few selections. The most important thing to keep in mind is that the balls need to be fully inserted for it to be effective. Some companies make single ball varieties that may work out better for beginners, as well as lighter-weight models.
Slow and steady wins the race.. same concept for using Kegel balls
Start slow when you begin using kegel balls. Your body will need to adjust to the extra weight and resistance. Some kegel balls come in sets with different weights. You can switch between them based on your PC muscle’s fitness level and your personal preferences.
How To Use Your Kegel Balls
Step One: Lube Up!
First and foremost make sure to apply lubricant to the vaginal canal, this will help ease the pressure of insertion.
Step Two: Get Comfortable!
Lie down in a comfortable position (spread eagle is often best).
Step Three: Insertion First Ball
Slowly and steadily insert the first ball. Kegel balls are usually connected to each other by a small piece of string or plastic, so slip that inside your vagina as well.
Step Four: Insert Second Ball
Once the string is tucked in, gently start to insert the second ball into your vagina. Push the balls into your vagina as far as you’re comfortable with. If your balls have a removal string or loop, it should hang outside of your vagina, so make sure it’s not accidentally tucked in with the rest of the balls.
Step Five: Squeeze!
Tighten your pelvic floor muscles to hold your Kegel balls inside of you, and go about your day.The balls should feel secure inside your vaginal canal. If you feel like they’re about to fall out — or the first ball is visible outside of your vaginal opening —gently push them deeper into your vagina.
Step Eight: Find Your Comfort.
How you feel with the balls inside varies from person to person, but it’s generally a subtle, tingly sensation. This feeling usually intensifies with movement, like walking, bending down, or reaching up.
Kegel Ball Options
Now it’s time to figure out the right kegel ball to meet your needs during your exercises. When you get a great match, you have a wonderful balance between the effectiveness of the kegel exercises and the sexual pleasure that you enjoy throughout the process.
When you evaluate different types of kegel balls, pay attention to the weight, material, texture, design and size. It’s completely normal to go through a few types before you find the one that really speaks to you.
5 Type of Kegel Balls You’ll Want To Try!
Krush Kegel Balls
The OhMiBod Krush Kegel Ball is sleek and discrete. In addition, the Kegel Balls are app enabled and Bluetooth capable making this Kegel Ball more than just a toy, it’s a full on training program! Embedded in the app are different guides you can follow to monitor your progress through voice guided training. Plus you can set goals and earn rewards for achieving them! There’s no better way to keep your pelvic floor strong than with the Krush!
OhmiBod Krush Features:
- Built-in sensor measuring pelvic floor muscle strength
- Built-in motor for haptic training feedback and pleasure
- Voice-Guided Training
- Exercise Activity Training
- Voice-Guided Training
- Exercise Activity Training
- Body-safe silicone
- USB rechargeable
- One-year manufacturer’s warranty
- Quick Start Guide
- Pelvic Training Courses
- App locking feature for extra security
Luna Kegel Ball Beads
The Lelo Luna Beads is a combined pleasure / fitness system for the circum vaginal and pelvic floor muscles. Developed as a modular alternative to traditional ‘geisha-balls’, LUNA offers the advantage of increased resistance over time. Her movement-induced subtle vibe makes for more efficient, fun and pleasurable Kegel exercising.
Indeed, benefits of daily use include increased muscular control, enhanced sensation and ultra-intense orgasms. The full set of two 28-gram beads, two 37-gram beads and the composition girdle comes presented in an elegant gift box, and includes a user manual, satin pouch for stylish storage and a 1-year LELO warranty.
Lelo Luna Beads Features:
- Body safe
- Excellent for women who have experienced childbirth
- Interchangeable weighted beads can be used individually or combined
- Worldwide best seller
- Mini-sized kegel trainer
- Beads work your Kegel muscles for a tighter feel and stronger orgasms
- Movement-based vibe subtly stimulates your vagina all day long
- Discreet & quite with no buzzing sound to give you away!
- Modular design uses 2 pairs of interchangeable beads for a personalized touch
- Lighter beads perfect for beginners
- Heavier beads designed for more advanced users
- Hygienic retrieval cord for easy, safe removal
- Made from body-safe silicone and ABS plastic
- Beads measure 3.5 inches long and 1.5 inches wide, insertable
- Satin storage bag and detailed user manual included
Recommended by over 1,000 health care professionals, Elvie Kegel Trainer is revolutionizing tech made for women with its kegel trainer! Experience a real-time app enabled kegel trainer to strengthen your pelvic floor for increased intimacy and many more benefits! Elvie is a brand revolutionizing the world of personal care for women.
Not to mention, they’ve made it their mission to bring women’s health out of the dark ages and into the world of tech! Recommended by over 1,000 health professionals, the Elvie Kegel Trainer, was not only designed with a woman’s body in mind for a custom fit, but its app enabled technology helps to monitor progress and provides proactive solutions for you to use in real-time!
Elvie Kegel Trainer Features:
- App-Connected (Real-Time Guidance)
- Proactive Monitoring
- Carry-Case Doubles as Charger
- 100% Waterproof
- USB Rechargeable
- Carry-Case Doubles as Charger
- Better Bladder Control
- Postnatal Recovery
- Enhanced Intimacy
- Fun Workouts
- Results in Less than 4 Weeks
Bloom Vibrating Kegel Balls
Everything seems to have a smart version these days, and kegel balls are no exception. The Bloom Vibrating Balls by We-Vibe is a smart sex toy that’s designed to improve your kegel exercises. The soft silicone makes it a delight to use, plus it’s 100 percent waterproof.
Three weight options allow you to adjust your kegel balls based on your pelvic strength. Additionally, if you want to make your exercises even more fun, use one of the 10 vibration settings. This feature also makes it a great toy for use with your partner.
One of the most unique features is the app connectivity. You can create your own vibration types through the app, or use one of the pre-programmed options. Recharging the Bloom is as simple as plugging it into a USB cable. You’ll want to carry this one all over the place, as it’s travel friendly and the perfect addition for a romantic adventure.
We-Vibe Bloom Kegel Ball Features:
- 3 progressive weights (10g, 30g, & 45g)
- 10 Powerful rumbly vibrations
- App Compatible- We Connect
- Body safe silicone
- Comfortable design
- USB Rechargeable
- 100% Waterproof
- 2 Year Manufacturer Warranty
Balls Double 3 Piece Kegel Training Set
The Balls Double 3 Piece Training Set by Satisfyer allows you to go from beginner to expert in kegel exercises without buying another toy. The weighted balls sit inside the silicone, so it’s waterproof and body-safe. You get three kegel ball options that share the same easy-to-insert design.
Not to mention, once you feel like you’ve reached the limit with one, it’s simple to go to the higher weight option. An easy pull loop offers a convenient way to remove the kegel balls after you finish your exercises. Of course, with the way the balls vibrate, you may want to leave them in for some more fun afterward.
Satisfyer Duo Balls 3 Piece Training Set Features:
- Colorful 3 Piece Kegel Ball Set
- Perfect for Beginner to Expert Kegel Training
- Increase Vaginal Elasticity & Lead to Stronger Orgasms (who doesn’t want that?!)
- Made of 100% Body-safe Silicone
- Waterproof (best with water-based lube)
In conclusion, we hope you found this article not only useful but also educational. There’s no question that Kegel exercises and kegel balls offer a great way to take control of your sexual health. Enjoy the stronger orgasms and other sexual health benefits when you incorporate this practice into your everyday life. Remember – consistency is key when it comes to your kegels!
- Breaking the Stigma of Sexuality: Our Rank in the Inc 5000 Shows New Views on Sexual Health & Wellness - August 12, 2020
- How to Shave Your Bikini Line and Not Get Razor Burn - August 6, 2020
- National Underwear Day and Vibrating Panties! - August 4, 2020